ITIL Maturity - Capability Self Assessment Toolkit
- Assess the Current Maturity of your ITIL Processes
- Based on Industry Best Practices and Standards
- Complete Set of Documents, Templates, and Presentations
- Comprehensive Assessment Worksheet
- Step-by-Step Instructions and Guidance
Contains Everything You Need to Assess the Current Maturity of your ITIL Processes
Assess and Establish a Baseline for Your Organization’s ITIL Processes
The ITIL® process capability assessment is a common way for organizations to understand the current maturity of the ITIL® processes.
The assessment will provide an independent view of the maturity of the IT service management practices currently employed across the organization. ITIL process capability assessment can help identify those activities that are executed well and the activities that are missing or loosely implemented. The assessment will also determine the strength and weakness of each process and the extent to which the current IT process achieves its purpose.
Once the current maturity and gaps are known, this assessment can provide a baseline for further improvement. The results of the assessment are analyzed and prioritized based on your organizational objectives.
Based on Industry Best Practices and Standards
The itQMS ITIL process capability self-assessment toolkit has been designed and developed based on the latest version of ITIL best practices, the ISO15504:2 international standard for information technology process assessment, and the itQMS expert knowledge base.
Complete Set of Documents, Templates, and Presentations
The toolkit contains a complete set of documents, templates, and presentations to successfully conduct an ITIL process capability self-assessment. All documents, templates, and presentations in the toolkit are customizable and scalable to suit and any organizations and any industry.
The kit contains the following essential documents, templates, and presentations.
- The tool-kit introduction document explains the different documents, templates, and presentations that are included in the toolkit.
- The self-assessment process document includes the process flow diagram and detailed step-by-step instructions on how to conduct a full process capability self-assessment.
- The interview/workshop scheduling template allows you to plan assessment interviews and workshops, including pre-session activities and post-session activities.
- The ITIL process list template can be used together with the scheduling template to organize and schedule interviews and workshops for various ITIL processes.
- The assessment worksheet is the core of the ITIL process capability self-assessment toolkit. It will help gather and consolidate responses to questions, evidences, and rate process indicators.
- The assessment worksheet explanation document provides further explanation to various components of the ITIL process capability self-assessment worksheet.
- The assessment kick-off meeting presentation aims to develop awareness for the assessment, build a shared vision, and address any misconceptions and fears that people may have.
- The final report template is used to document the assessment results, process capability level achieved, key findings, and recommendations.
- The final management presentation is used to present to the management and key stakeholders the assessment outcomes, key findings, and recommendations.
- The ITIL overview presentation can be used to explain ITIL to management and staff.
Comprehensive Assessment Worksheet
The assessment worksheet is the core of the ITIL process capability self-assessment toolkit. It will help you gather and consolidate responses to questions, evidences, and rate process indicators.
The worksheet features ready-made content based on ITIL best practices and ISO standards, including purpose, expected outcomes, base practices (ITIL best practices), base-practice descriptions, work products (inputs used and outputs produced), and typical evidences to support the base practices. The single worksheet also includes room for documenting observations and analysis recommendations.
The process capability level rating is aggregated and automatically calculated based on the individual base practices rating.
Step-by-Step Instructions and Guidance
The ITIL self-assessment process document is a concise, simple, and practical Microsoft Word document that includes the process flow diagram and detailed step-by-step instructions on how to conduct a full process capability self-assessment.
The process activities include:
- Initiating the assessment
- Conducting the management in-take meeting
- Formulating the assessment team
- Developing the interview/workshop schedule
- Reviewing the assessment worksheet
- Conducting kick-off-meeting
- Conducting actual interviews/workshops
- Collecting and documenting evidences
- Analyzing the gaps between the assessed processes and ITIL best practices
- Rating the process indicators
- Preparing the final assessment report
- Conducing the final management presentation.