Service Asset and Configuration Management Process Template, Document and Guide
Save time & effort by cutting out the paperwork and going straight to the job at hand with our ITIL encapsulated Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) process templateOur content experts have designed and developed the ITIL Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) process template using ITIL, the worlds most widely accepted IT service management approach. The ITIL Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) process template is easy to customize and contains twelve sections essential for any process documentation.
- Document History
- Purpose and Scope
- Business Value
- Reference Documents
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- Process Input & Output
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Critical Success Factors
- Procedure Flow Chart
- Procedure Description
- The purpose of Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) is to maintain up-to-date information on all IT services and IT infrastructure components in the form of Configuration Items (CIs) in order to provide accurate and reliable information to support the business and IT services management processes.
- The scope of SACM includes all CIs (including supplier CIs) that are used during the service lifecycle.
- Accurate and reliable information on IT assets and cost (cost of ownership).
- Improved audit, legal, and regulatory compliance.
- Faster resolution of incidents and problems as a result of accurate and timely information.
- Minimizing risk by assisting change management to accurately assess the impact of changes.