Knowledge Management Process Template, Document and Guide
Save time & effort by cutting out the paperwork and going straight to the job at hand with our ITIL encapsulated knowledge management process templateOur content experts have designed and developed the ITIL knowledge management process template using ITIL, the worlds most widely accepted IT service management approach. The ITIL knowledge management process template is easy to customize and contains twelve sections essential for any process documentation.
- Document History
- Purpose and Scope
- Business Value
- Reference Documents
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- Process Input & Output
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Critical Success Factors
- Procedure Flow Chart
- Procedure Description
- The purpose of knowledge management is to ensure that accurate, reliable, relevant, and secure information is available to the right people at the right place at the right time, so that well-informed decisions can be made while reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.
- The scope of knowledge management includes the management of data, information, and knowledge throughout the IT service management lifecycle, from strategy development, design and transition, to service operation and continual improvement.
- Improved quality of decision making
- Improved accuracy of data, information, and knowledge
- Better understanding of risks and impact to business processes
- Improved quality of IT services
- Higher customer/business satisfaction
- Reduced need to rediscover knowledge.