Save time & effort by cutting out the paperwork and going straight to the job at hand with our ITIL encapsulated release and deployment management process template
Our content experts have designed and developed the ITIL release and deployment management process template using ITIL, the worlds most widely accepted IT service management approach. The ITIL release and deployment management process template is easy to customize and contains twelve sections essential for any process documentation.
- Document History
- Purpose and Scope
- Business Value
- Reference Documents
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- Process Input & Output
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Critical Success Factors
- Procedure Flow Chart
- Procedure Description
NOTE: The ITIL process template also includes guidance and tips for successfully defining and deploying the release and deployment management process. Purpose & Scope
- The purpose of release and deployment management is to plan, schedule, control, build, test, and deploy software and hardware releases into the live environment with minimum impact on existing services.
- The scope includes all configuration items (e.g., services, processes, software, hardware, people, training, and documentation) required to package, build, test, and formally hand over new or changed services to service operations.
- Changes are implemented on time, at the right cost and quality.
- Efficiently handling high volumes of change.
- Improved IT service availability and reliability.
- Minimized disruption/impact to IT service.